The purpose of the Oasis Foundation is to seek out and respond to people and organisations which focus on issues affecting active citizenship, particularly in relation to women and children.
We have a commitment to use and promote a Whole Person Learning approach.
Our objectives are to:
- Advance education and relieve poverty and sickness of children in Uganda and in such other areas as the trustees may from time to time determine.
- Promote the efficiency and development of charities, particularly through the provision of consultancy and staff development.
- Provide appropriate advice, counselling and/or training to persons who may become unemployed or who have become disabled or otherwise incapacitated as a result of illness, life crisis or accident.
Underpinning these objectives is a common approach – that of Whole Person Learning:
- The means by which an individual is enabled to reach or aspire to his or her potential in regard to his or her development.
- A way of helping people help themselves through education that takes into account affective and spiritual development as well as development of knowledge, skills, and understanding.